koi

I'm just a small fish in a small corner of this big Laguna, and this is how I've been swimming it

11 February, 2017

The Original Buko Pie

     So my good Korean friend/neighbor surprised me again tonight with her favorite Buko Pie after a trip to hot springs in Los Banos... This is the second time.
   
     The box was still warm.  I know when she has the opportunity she buys several boxes. How generous of her to give one to me!  She has many other friends to share this with.   

     When it comes to Buko Pie, close as our location is to the brands towards Tagaytay, we prefer this, Orient.  I love how the packaging is the simplest plainest, kraft box, and has not changed.  They do not need to brighten up their packaging---their pies are the best!

     Just look at it--Full of supple flesh, just the right sweetness, a thin, flaky light crust.  The rest of the offerings especially by the big chain going up to Tagaytay have crusts too thick and sweetened for our liking.  

     




1 comment: