koi

I'm just a small fish in a small corner of this big Laguna, and this is how I've been swimming it

20 February, 2017

Pineapple

A pineapple grows! Of course. Right before our move.
I can't even remember when I planted this-I'm sure it's a grocery-bought Dole Gold--in a pot. It is definitely more than three years ago.  
How nature amazes...The five point star here present

Two summers ago my Pomelo's blooms went on to become fruit, for the first time in ten years.  I had brought it with me from Makati in a metal drum.  I probably bought that seedling from the Manila Seedling Bank.

That same summer saw our first Mango from the seed I planted, from our neighbor's tree...some Guyabano from the tree that was already here before we moved in, a measly Rambutan, lots of Atis, and of course the prolific Golden Coconut which actually produces year-round.  Large Saba Bananas are also almost ripe for the picking again.



No comments:

Post a Comment