koi

I'm just a small fish in a small corner of this big Laguna, and this is how I've been swimming it

26 June, 2012

Puzzle Mansion

     You will easily spot the signs saying "Puzzle Mansion bed and breakfast".  It is home to a large collection of jigsaw puzzles assembled by its proprietress over 25 years. The signs are just beside Antonio's signs, in barangay Asisan (hope I got that right).  You will be curious. If you have children you will be even more curious. If you like puzzles, you will be curious-er.  You will stop by--it is not too far from the Tagaytay national highway.  You will turn into the access road, drive down its steep, pretty flower-lined driveway:

       You will wonder, what with blue and white signages and buildings, if they serve Greek food.  You admire the two horses grazing.

       You will be met by the very amiable manager, who shows you the puzzle exhibit, and talks cheerfully about the puzzles, the place and what they offer, hopes and dreams for it.  I suspect he is actually closely related to the owner, as he speaks of the place with such passion, like he built it himself.

       You will ooh and ahh at the puzzles you will see. 



       However, not everyone can be pleased all the time, and so...I admired the structure of the building, its airy open hall facing a green yard full of various flowers, but the interior decoration was not for me.  I was calmed by the deep blue of the simple swimming pool, I loved it.  Most of all, I like how this lady has moved her passion for puzzles into a venue for relaxation.  I admire the patience and passion and sincerely hope she meets her goal of making it to the Guinness book even though I'm not a fan of making certain world records in it.  I like how she has displayed a variety of puzzles, including those of cartoon characters for children. 

     Personally I feel the place is conducive to putting puzzles pieces together, going for a swim, eating.  So I would suggest tables and puzzles for guest activity. However unless I have loads of time and money to spare, I am not sure I would really like to spend a weekend in it, except maybe to be able to wake up at dawn or stay at sunset to birdwatch.  As we listened to amiable manager, we caught a flash of black in the background beyond the pool.  The big black bird zoomed so fast we couldn't tell what it was. It was not a crow. There is a creek, and when there is a creek and lush growth, there are birds. He confirmed their presence.  We thus hope nobody builds anything on the pineapple hill above the creek.  

     Apparently, Metro Manila offices have enjoyed team-building or planning sessions here.  The air is cool, and the banks and companies that came vowed to make it a regular venue.  There is a spacious function hall by the pool, which I'm sure, engaged couples who do jigsaw puzzles together may be interested in for their weddings.

    So anyway, you will see the signs, just turn and go. It won't take thirty minutes. There is an entrance fee of Php 75 to view the puzzles in the room. That's fine. If you're curious.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment