koi

I'm just a small fish in a small corner of this big Laguna, and this is how I've been swimming it

26 June, 2012

One road to Taal town...passes a fantasy world





     I'm sorry but the castle just looks better to me with its faded paint versus the way I remember it over ten years ago, being constructed and with new, bright colors.

    I do remember how my generation, with new salaries in our early twenties, was pursued to purchase membership in what was touted as a "Disneyland" in Batangas.  There were incredibly attractive rates, and controversies surrounding it conception then.  I heard a few who actually thought it a good investment, and lost. I wonder what has happened to it.  Is it used for television and film locations? Perhaps a fantasy wedding venue?  It seems to be a photo-opp stop now.
Dad would freak seeing this flag with a small rip at the corner. They had a dozen lining their fence.

   I thank it for exciting my child, she who is in the age of fantasy and magic.  Love the stone dragon close to the highway.  Continuing the trip down to the heritage town of Taal, she talked nonstop about going back to see the castle. She kept saying the dragon was human and turned to stone. (real and turned to stone). She was satisfied assuming we couldn't enter the castle because it is full of stone anyway.  Ah, I can't wait till she gets to Disneyland, or Europe!  In the meantime, it's Laurel, Batangas.

   Surprisingly, on the trip up from Taal, she viewed the castle again but was less excited.  Apparently the heritage houses, the Taal basilica, and of course, the incredibly glittery children's gowns in the barong capital overtook her imagination more.
Taal town across the embroidery and barong market

     More on Taal town next.

No comments:

Post a Comment