koi

I'm just a small fish in a small corner of this big Laguna, and this is how I've been swimming it

24 April, 2015

There Goes The Sky...

   Bitterly saying goodbye to my wide expanse of sky, with all the buildings being constructed.  Electric poles and wires are ugly enough. Shall this, the Sta. Rosa-Tagaytay road, become the next Alabang-Zapote road?  ...and I mean that in a negative way. 




That shop..the big guys, with cheap China furniture. Killer of quaint little village shops that sell local craft. 




   To be fair, I shall try to take photos of the opposite side to these, the new cinema building at the Solenad, Nuvali, and express sadness as well.

So it is another shopping mall.  This will no longer be a place that will interest balikbayans from the US.
    So much for open air shopping.  Anyway, the shops are nothing special. Just more of the same from Metro Manila.  The famed "outlets" in Paseo de Santa Rosa are no longer a draw, either.  New ones have opened, some have closed.


    As for restaurants...still a bit tricky out here, to gauge what will make it and what won't. Sadly, not many special places to eat as inside BF Homes Paranaque's holes-in-the-wall joints and new interiors.  Still the same old fast food joints raking it in.

   
M for Mt. Makiling, the view from here. That view will soon be covered, for sure.
That M (or the bee), in anytown, Philippines...anytown, Asia. No place is sacred.
   Apologies for sounding like Eeyore. Too depressing. That I am.  All because I am losing sky.

2 comments:

  1. Ooooh no :( I guess it's hard ifyou've lived ehre a long time, not to get depressed at losing your blue sky. I just moved here though, and I have to say, it's still a lot bluer than it is in Makati :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, yes I tend to exaggerate 'no :-)

    ReplyDelete