koi

I'm just a small fish in a small corner of this big Laguna, and this is how I've been swimming it

14 April, 2013

The Other Blog

     As I have not posted much nor have I posted anything really new, exciting, interesting or informative about "Santa Rosa, Laguna",  I may focus on the other blog for the meantime. That is the mother blog.

     More and more the area from Bgy. Don Jose to Sto. Domingo is "developing" rapidly. (Sorry how redundant). Good for residents who feel they need "everything" to be here. Good for tourism.  Bad, say most of my friends. Things are going to go bad from here on in, said a foreign friend.  We cannot stop this "progress", there are more people, what can we do.  We can take the opportunities to get in on the action and profit from it. Or we can continue to miserably think about how to move further south to the boondocks.

      Remembering I had registered to vote in Santa Rosa City, I checked the list of candidates. I don't even know them. How will I decide.  So for mayor there is the incumbent, and the other, a name so familiar, and no wonder. I had seen the name on the uniforms of maintenance men and seen their vehicles.  I saw the same name on a cosmetic and toiletries shop at the mall.  A general services company. Both women.  Who do I choose? I have to learn more.

     All I know is in this area at least (not the old one) there are no lamp posts with the mayor's initials.  The area is clean.  And cleanliness is an impression a lot of people have of it. But then again, that may be because this area is mostly private, owned by large developers.

          

No comments:

Post a Comment