koi

I'm just a small fish in a small corner of this big Laguna, and this is how I've been swimming it

25 April, 2013

"Scenic" route from Puting Kahoy, Silang Cavite to Santo Domingo, Santa Rosa Laguna

  It is not as awesome as seeing the "majestic Mount Mayon" from the road in Legaspi, that famous postcard shot of the (not-so-perfect-anymore) volcano's cone.  But, this is what we have driving down from the ridge on the Tagaytay-Sta. Rosa road and on a clear day like today, it can be beautiful.  I know I still can marvel at it.  You can see mountains of Rizal across the bay. You can see the bay.  Residents of Silang on hills and with high floor levels enjoy this view. 

     These particular scenes were shot in Bgy. Santo Domingo just past the "white corn" vendors.  It is also just past the earthquake fault line (yes there is one and you can actually see and feel the sudden rise or drop of the road, near the school).



I'm sorry to say, there is ugliness like this in the photo below.  Oddly, I was looking far away at the Mt. Makiling and at the bay, at the hills of Rizal across the bay, that I didn't even notice what was right in front of me. This ugliness. The kid asked me what the sign said...and exclaimed "they burned here! they burned here!" pointing toward the mountain.  Sorry, I end sourly again.

Sign reads "Trash is Prohibited"





















No comments:

Post a Comment