koi

I'm just a small fish in a small corner of this big Laguna, and this is how I've been swimming it

07 November, 2013

Pediatric Dentist Nearby

     I started this blog with the initial idea of including a directory of services around the area gathered as I began living here.  Let's go back to that sort of post for a while...

     Again, as with most of my "commercials" here, I have no relation to this company other than having been a satisfied client.  I post when I want to about them, not for anything but to share info about their existence.  I would be happy to actually run a paid directory service, well, maybe I should look into it. For now, here are my opinions on certain services.


This here's my kid's first baby tooth to fall off
       Among the baby care things I read while pregnant was care of teeth even BEFORE they appear.  I remember that among the very good things about breast milk is its protection of future teeth---breastfeeding doesn't at all contribute to tooth decay in the way formula milk delivered with bottles and nipples does.  A neighbor gave my four month old baby a baptismal present which included her first tootbrush--a silicon, extremely soft bristled "brush" worn on a finger.  It was a practical gift I used diligently once my baby's teeth came out.  Apparently the bottom front ones are usually first, and the above first tooth to come off was indeed from the bottom.

      What I did not follow, however, was the advice to take your child to the dentist at about a year old or even as early as the first tooth comes out.  I just made sure to give her lots of water, and to continue the brushing especially after her first solid food.

      By two years old, I decided I had to finally take her to the dentist.  I remember hearing Dr. Georgia at the first Expo Mom in Rockwell right before I gave birth.  She echoed what was in the books---the need to take good care of the baby teeth; that damage or decayed baby teeth actually will carry over to the permanent ones, giving adult teeth problems in the future.  I also wanted a check that everything was alright.  Although the truth is that we as adults have not been going on regular dental check-ups or cleaning, I was determined to give the kid a good start.

     One of the concerns was to make the experience as pleasant as possible for the child.  This meant a clinic close enough, at a schedule that worked with with the 2 1/2 year old's nap schedule, and a dentist who specialized in the little ones.

      So we went to Dr. Georgia's clinic in Alabang.  Yes, her fees are probably on the more expensive side.  BUT, with all the education I get from her even during the 15 minutes my child is on her chair, I feel it is worth it.  She is obviously passionate about her work, and eager to educate.  Sure, her play area, her play house is a main attraction for the kid...but really, she LIKES the dentist herself. She dislikes the flouride paste, but seems to forget it because it is the kid who BEGS me to take her to the dentist.  Yes she BEGS!  So without further ado, here is the clinic responsible for making my child actually find dental check-ups rewarding: (Oh, and the kid's teeth are still in good shape, no cavities)

     http://www.toothcamp.ph






   
   
    


No comments:

Post a Comment